Hello February! We hope you had a great first month of 2016 and that we can brighten up the dark winter months with our little blog series “JUVELAN meets…” Today please welcome the extraordinary, very talented and sweet musical star Annemieke van Dam – one of our models from not only one, but two lookbooks: “Heatwave” and “Endless love”.
Annemieke is fearless and goofy but at the same time a perfectionist in front of the camera and we really love to work with her. Our two photo shoots with her and Conny Wenk were both very different. For “Heatwave”, together with Ana Milva Gomes and Sidonie Smith, it was a cold and grey day in April and the poor girls were freezing like chickens in their short dresses while “Endless love” together with Wietske van Tongeren was taking place at a warm Summer day in August. What will it be like next time?
Are you curious about what Annemieke is up to right now and what favourite JUVELAN jewellery she has? Let’s have a look…
What have you been up to since our photo shoot together with you?
– I’ve had the great opportunity to do two shoots with you! Since the “Endless love” bridal shoot with Wietske van Tongeren in 2013, I’ve been working and living in Vienna together with the love of my life! I’ve had the most amazing luck in the world to play Elisabeth and after that, to play Mary Poppins!!
What are your strongest memories from the photo shoot we did with you?
– During the photo shoots there was always such a great happy atmosphere! Lots of love going around. We had such great laughs. When Johan came in to the picture once to hang an earring straight, I pretended to bite him! You should hear his shocking scream on the video!!
Do you have a favourite JUVELAN jewellery piece?
– I love the white waterfall earrings “Chantel”!!! And the earrings and bracelet Johan made specially for Wietskes premiere of Rocky!!!! That was a special edition though… Not for sale… (unfortunately haha!)
What are you looking forward to the most right now?
– I have to say that I’ve learned to really live in the moment. I’m very happy now with where I am. Meeting with friends for coffee and walking through Vienna. Enjoying my surroundings and counting all my blessings!
What are you currently up to? / What’s on your life agenda? / Are we able to see you live on stage somewhere?
– Yesterday I played the very last performance of Mary Poppins in Vienna in the Ronacher Theater. It has been such a joy!! We had an amazing cast with my best friends on stage! I’m very curious where life is going to take me after this. And for the first time in my life I’ve recorded a CD that I’m very proud of, it’s called Amateur! Listen to it HERE, I think you’ll like it
More information about Annemieke van Dam on her website: